i can't say that it's the fastest salad to prepare, but it's really good. and friends will hopefully appreciate the effort you made in making it. the steps are really simple, it just takes a bit of time. check out how i made it.
1. celery, spring onions and potatoes
2. ham and bacon
3. chop the greens
4. chop the ham
5. fry the bacon (and eat one. haha)
6. boil the potatoes until the skin is close to peeling
7. chop the bacon into small pieces
8. peel and chop the potatoes into cubes
9. mix them all together
i forgot to take a photo of what i used for dressing, but it's really just miracle whip, salt and pepper.