today's a holiday. we get to spend a few more hours in bed. hay salamat. the reason: its singapore's 41st birthday. yey!
they've got this whole celebration thing going, with fireworks, and a parade. ang saya, di ba. so as a birthday gift to singapore, let me list down things i like about living here:
1) the bus and mrt system: its true what people say: you can get to any point in singapore within 30 minutes. totoo yan. well, except if you're like going from choa chu kang to expo using the mrt, but this theory almost always proves true. the buses and trains run like clockwork, you just have to know the schedule. and let me tell you that the bus drivers are really disciplined. they literally stop at the bus stop, nowhere else.
2) the library: i love the fact that its so convenient to borrow books (i can reserve online. cool), and they have a really extensive collection, and so modern: i just use my card and check out my books, parang sa grocery. no more messy stamps from the librarian.
3) food: i get a wide range of affordable and yummy food. everywhere i turn, there's a hawker's center.
4) ECP (east coast park): because i can ride my bike going to the park, without worrying i'll get hit by a speeding car, and you'll really feel healthy when you ride along with other park visitors.
5) shopping: its not just orchard road. there are a lot of small areas where you find really good buys (read: cheap and of good quality).
6) trees: trees everywhere, even in the highways, there are always plants around. good for the health, good for the environment.
ok, so there's my birthday gift, singapore. happy birthday!